About Dino LaCapria, CP
Dino comes to us from Orange, California. He practiced in Southern California for 18 years. This is Dino’s second career, his first being woodwork. After running a custom woodshop, with clients up and down the California Coast, Dino decided to use his college education along with his blue collar hand skills to become an American Board Certified Prosthetist and help those in need. “I consider the field of prosthetics a ‘white collar trade’. Although there is plenty of science and technology, it takes hand skills, tools and quality fabrication techniques to produce the highest quality artificial limbs.”
After working in the field for five years, Dino started teaching Prosthetics, part time, at California State University Dominguez Hills. This gave him the opportunity to open his own small practice in Orange County, California. Dino brings with him a wealth of Prosthetic knowledge and a lifetime of tooling.
When not at work, Dino spends time camping with his Wife and twin boys. He also plays a little guitar and still takes pleasure in making furniture.
Professional Certifications and Advanced Training
- All major Micro Processor Knees (Otto Bock, Ossur, Endolite & Freedom Innovations)
- OttoBock, MyoBock and Michelangelo Myoelectric
- Ossur Proprio Microprocessor Ankle
- OttoBock Harmony Vacuum Socket Suspension
- M.A.S., Advanced Above Knee Socket Design
- Create OandP CAD-CAM and 3D Printer
- Standard Cyborg CAD-CAM
- Graduate Certificate Program in Prosthetics, California State University Dominguez Hills, June 2001.
- B.S. Exercise Science, Kinesiology Emphasis, Chapman University, July 2000.
- California State University, San Luis Obispo, Animal Science 1989-1992.